Monday, December 21, 2009

Too embarassed to go to Citizens Advice Bureau...?

Here are the facts:





I'm 19 years old, transgender, and have messed up a lot of college since I left school because of family problems. I'm starting this sept for a full time college course and am hoping to finish this one and put in all my efforts. However, I'm living with a parent who I do not get on with. I have received abuse/harassment from them in the past but that has now stopped.





I'm looking for part-time work and hopefully will soon be getting 10 hours a week if I do get employed whilst I'm at college.





What I want to know is what I'm entitled to. Including housing and benefit.


Any information is greatly appreciated.Too embarassed to go to Citizens Advice Bureau...?
Good for you.


There are student mentors at college and they will be able to advise you and even get you accommodation if you are being abused at home.


You are entitled to a grant whilst at college. Get to see the mentor as soon as you start college as funds and accommodation is limited.


Good Luck.Too embarassed to go to Citizens Advice Bureau...?
Yep, the job centre will give the advice you need you can ask for a private room and they will give you it. And here don't ever be ashamed or embarrsed of who you are.
Your local Council are there to help you regarding housing benefits and you can phone Job Centre Plus and they will even do a claim over the phone. Never be embarrassed about who you are. Good luck.
if your in the uk just contact your local jobcenter plus or look them up online,you will be entitled to something ,what that is exactly depends on your individual circumstances,don't waste your time being embarrassed about things Beond your control.


be lucky:)
Go down to the job centre and ask them about housing benefits and job seekers for whilst you are looking for a job. If you want to move out of your parent's house, then you may be entitled to a council house, or at least some help with housing. I'm not sure what the ages are, but you may be entitled to EMA, or some sort of adult learning grant, but again you would have to go down to the job centre to ask them about it, because it all depends on personal circumstances, etc etc.





As to getting employment, your college should be able to help you get a job, if you're having difficulty finding somewhere, because they often have links with local businesses etc. and often companies send notice of any vacancies that students could fill to schools and colleges in the local area.

No comments:

Post a Comment